8 game Reviews with Responses

Ink Snap Ink Snap

Very ambitions indeed...

Perhaps not practical, but very impressive for something created entirely in Flash. I'd love to see another version, especially one with layers.

llamamessanger responds:

Interesting idea... may be easier than the draw above/draw below I've heard suggested before.

ping pong madness! ping pong madness!

Great physics!

I found the ball physics to be phenomenal. Fun game on the whole; I look forward to your next installment.

Issues:
-I expected the music button to be a toggle, but it only seems to be able turn the music off and not back on.
-The correct spelling is "alter"
-In the first level with altered gravity fields, the music button kind of gets in the way
-The replay button did not work

On the whole, great work! I had fun playing this.

HowardWimshurst responds:

Thanks a lot for the feedback on how to improve. Greatly appreciated!

Triometry Triometry

Controls...

The graphics and sounds are nice, and it's a fun game, but that fact that you have to aim, move, and shoot with the mouse makes it quite difficult. Nearly all the lives I lost were because I was trying to aim at something and ended up moving into it.

sabatino responds:

The controls make the game fun imo, because i tried making the ship move with the keys, but then the whole gameplay gets lost, imo ;)

Brain Teaser Quiz Brain Teaser Quiz

Don't break the continuity

You have some interesting brain teasers that I haven't seen before, but the arrangement in your quiz is a big problem. The quiz should not end when you get something wrong. You should just have a tally at the end, maybe with a time penalty for incorrect answers. As it is now, it's just a matter of remembering the answers and clicking them as quickly as you can. Within half an hour of this game's release, people have already been raping the scores, getting times under 10 seconds. Has this helped you develop your understanding of the leaderboard?

And for the number of sides in a circle question is too ambiguous, as 3 of the answers you've placed are acceptable.

allfunnystuff responds:

That's a great idea, thanks for the tips.

The Spellbook The Spellbook

Kinda boring

I thought this was an interesting concept on the whole, and a unique idea indeed. I did think it got a bit tedious though to read all the spell descriptions, especially since they didn't serve a purpose (although the animations were kind of funny). On the last page of each chapter, the Guardian Deity's picture tends to overlap the text. Watch out for this, as it decreases legibility.

I was expecting an actual test (questionnaire) subsequent to reading the book, and I was somewhat disappointed to see that there was not one. The fight is cool at first, until you realize that the enemy does not fight back. This part should be a standalone Flash game.

I thought this was neat, and very nicely done for your first-ever online Flash, but it is really just turning pages in a book, which does turn off people with short attention spans, i.e. most of the people who will probably view this.

AMOE responds:

well... the enemy you have to fight can still act, it's just so powerful that it would annihilate you in one hit. He has 2 moves in fact.

1 is using an item, which you've most likely seen.
the other? yes, he attacks. However, he only does if you use a certain spell too much.

The '90's Kid' Quiz The '90's Kid' Quiz

Creative

You have some very good questions in this quiz! I much enjoy the interface, the way that the text and buttons are themed to the questions. My only dislike is the fact that the music was very loud and it couldn't be disabled.

ColdRicePudding responds:

Yeah I agree it does need a STFU button
Thanks

Get high scores in flash Get high scores in flash

Watch your spelling

I encourage you to use of a dictionary. It's difficult to take what it is you have to say seriously when there's a word misspelled in every tip. (It took me a while to understand that "rely" meant "really," because "rely" is also a word.)

Sadly, your tips are true, and I have to give you props for saying the truth as it is.

www-kaywire-com responds:

sorry for that... Half english half russian person that i am... i know both languages and some words i screw in both.

eXtreme Crossword eXtreme Crossword

Timer bugs

Simple game, but I enjoy the concept. It gets pretty hard later on once all you have is uncommon letters and no vowels at the bottom.

Anyway, I did encounter some bugs with the timer as have other users below. Sometimes it's three times as fast, sometimes it starts before all the blocks have fallen... You should try to fix these for future versions.

I've also accidentally hit "Main Menu" when going for "Check Word." Moving those buttons further apart or having a confirm message before exiting would also be much appreciated.

All in all, excellent game, though, especially for the second one you've made. Keep it up.

alexpof responds:

Thanks for your comment. I am still pretty new to making flash games so i realize that it is not perfect and i appreciate the constructive criticism. And i have heard from a few other people about the timer error but i have gone back countless times and i just can't repeat the bug. So i am not sure if it is something to do with your hardware or what but since i can't see the bug i don't know what i can do to fix it.